What happened to those Mom and Pop coffee shops? The days of a hot cup of coffee, apple pie ala mode and a visit with Ma and Pa have been replaced with trendy coffee houses with frothy frappes, scones and access to the internet. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the ambiance of both? These eight great coffee houses offer just that. The next time you get a hankering for a good “cup of Joe” in a friendly setting, pass up that other joint you see on just about every corner, wake up, smell the coffee and stumble into one of these places, they’ll always leave the pot on for you.
1. The Sweet Bean Coffeehouse: Located in the Albertsons center off Rancho California Road in Temecula this place is definitely a “sweet” find. It’s no mystery why this is an award winning coffee house. You will often see the same customer returning here, sometimes as often as four times a day to get their coffee fix. The owner makes you feel as if you were one of her own. Several specialty coffee drinks, an assortment of baked goods, or a delicious Dreyer’s ice cream cone will satisfy as you chat with the courteous staff or surf the net.
2. Café Aroma: Stop and smell the roses…and coffee? Just upon entering the city of Murrieta, right off Hunter road you will find this lil’ coffee house that doubles as a florist. They have signature espresso drinks like Almond Roca Mocha or Chocolate Peppermint. Sitting in the lobby, there is a very homey feel, gaze over to the florist and it’s almost as though there was an indoor garden. The setting is so serene you may have to order a treat from their bake case just to be able to hang around for a bit.
3. Oliveras Coffee and Juice Bar: Sitting above Temecula Valley High School off Margarita Road in Temecula, there sits a well known coffee house that offers delicious flavored coffee beverages, fruit smoothies, and fresh baked pastries. Don’t forget to ask for a dollop of their homemade whip cream that alone, is worth the stop in here. Hang out to catch up on local news, go online or inquire about their bakery, where you can order cakes for all occasions. Other locations include Wildomar and Hemet.
4. Café Daniel: Nestled in Old Town Temecula right off Front Street, this makes a nice stop for the locals. Here you can enjoy a delicious crepe, pastry, and coffee. You might find yourself striking up a convo with the tourists that stroll by, if that’s the case linger around till lunch and indulge in one of their signature sandwiches, and if that’s not enough a cup of creamy gelato will top you off. You will feel right at home; this Daniel fellow may have to kick you out come closing time.
5. California Tea and Coffee Brewery: Pass by this shop and you will be eagerly invited in by the owners Diane and Vern for a fresh cup of coffee or tea, brewed especially to your own personal taste. Each cup is brewed right when you order it. If you are a tea connoisseur this is your place, they have an abundance of teas to choose from like Carmel Apple or Toasty White Coconut. Knowledgeable and so very pleasant, any questions you have they are happy to answer, still have unanswered questions? Chill out for awhile and search the internet using their free Wi Fi.
6. Café Bravo: You will definitely be applauding, and cheering, “bravo!” as a result of the service and taste of coffee from this place. Tables are provided to relax, work on the laptop or have discussions with others. There is even a meeting room that you can reserve if necessary for business. Superb coffees and loose leaf teas are served here, with cookies and other yummy pastries. There is no doubt you will returning for an encore.
7. Flour Fusion: This quaint coffee house off of Main Street in the heart of historic Lake Elsinore, fuses together excellent coffee, customer service, baked goods, breakfasts and lunches. A family owned European style bakery, it’s definitely a place you want to venture into. They serve only the finest Italian coffee, Illy, in their espresso bar. Veg out for the day here and if it happens to be a Friday or Saturday stick around for some live music, a little extra treat!
8. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf: Here’s a well-liked coffee chain, you can find in Temecula, off Highway 79 in the Albertson’s center. Although a franchise, this made the list because of its wide variety of beverages and its courteous staff. This place is great for meeting up with friends because of its diverse quantity of drinks. There is literally something for everyone’s tastes. They even offer several sugar free mochas and vanilla flavored coffees. Enjoy sitting outside or indoors, while mingling with company or working on the computer.
It is apparent that many fast food chains have jumped on the coffee craze, adding reasonably priced coffee beverages to their menus. Although they may be tasty it doesn’t have the same appeal as grabbing a cup from the places mentioned above. I mean c’mon do you really want a cup of java made by some clown?