Two young boys who were abducted last month from Anaheim, allegedly by their father and grandfather, were turned over to Texas authorities today by their grandmother.
Jacob and Justin Quinones, aged 4 and 2, were taken from their mother near her home at 3300 W. Orange Ave. on Oct. 7. The boys’ grandmother, Elizabeth Fernandez, brought the children to a courthouse in Harris County, Texas, today, and they were in good condition, according to Anaheim police.
Police said the boys were abducted by their father, Abraham Fernandez, and grandfather, Louis Mendoza Fernandez. Abraham Fernandez, 23, surrendered to Texas authorities on Oct. 26. The grandfather remains at large.
Anaheim police said they had no details on how or why the boys’ grandmother brought the children to authorities. The children were given to a Harris County Social Services agency, police said.
The boys’ mother moved from Texas to Anaheim with the boys about a year ago, according to police and prosecutors.
The suspects allegedly abducted the boys and then went to the Monrovia home of Abraham Fernandez’s cousin, Linda Fernandez, and her husband, David Daniel Nicholas.
Nicholas, 26, and Linda Fernandez, 29, were each charged with two felony counts of kidnapping and two felony counts of child abduction. They are awaiting trial.