Rain may be on its way to Southwest Riverside this week, but that is not going to stop the much-anticipated 2012 Reality Rally from taking over Old Town Temecula on Saturday.
“Rain or shine, this is going on. If “Amazing Race” (contestants) can race in the rain, so can we,” said Reality Rally Marketing Specialist Judy Zulfiqar.
Zulfiquar said that while organizers were hoping for clear skies, accommodations would be made for some of the activities surrounding and leading up to the event.
Beyond that, Zulfiquar said, laughing: “Bring an umbrella.”
The Reality Rally fundraiser, founded by former “Survivor: Gabon” contestant Gillian Larson, will feature over 100 reality stars from shows like “Survivor,” “Big Brother” and the “Apprentice” as they compete in an “Amazing Race-style” game, alongside fans and residents.
Proceeds benefit Michelle’s Place, a breast cancer resource center in Temecula.
Zulfiquar said there will be plenty for folks to do, even if they are not participating in the race. Among them are 31 family-friendly activities that won’t cost a dime:
- Watch the teams complete 12 Challenges all over Old Town Temecula. The race starts and finishes at City Hall.
- Visit the Old Town Temecula Gunfighters Wild West Town and take pictures with the Gunfighters.
- Watch National Press Outlets interview reality stars and local teams.
- Be a part of the Reality Star Panel. Ask all you want to know about ten Reality TV Shows from someone who participated in them.
- Visit the reptile petting zoo and guess how long the python is and be entered to win a family ticket to Breakfast with the Stars.
- Enjoy Karate demonstrations from several Dojos’s in the area.
- Meet and pet horses from Challenge U. Attend their workshops and understand how animals can sense your true personality.
- Gather the kids on the surfboard and take photos with the Southern California Surf Dogs.
- See So Cal Surf Dogs, Ricochet, Dozer, Nani, Kona, Guido, and get a kiss from Biker Dog, Chopper.
- Attend “Playing it Safe” and “Playing with a Purpose” for pets and learn about pet safety and first aid.
- Witness the On-Camera workshops and learn how you can become a reality star, a public speaker, an anchor person, and be more effective in job interviews.
- Mix and mingle with Reality Stars from many TV shows at different parts of the weekend.
- Hang out at the Farmer’s Market and watch the crazy teams.
- Sit in the Temecula Community Theater and watch the teams perform for nationally renowned judges.
- Watch the teams try to solve a scientific principle at Professor Pennypickle’s House, The Children’s Museum.
- Visit the Messy Play booth with your children on the lawn at The Children’s Museum.
- Participate in a family scavenger hunt outside The Children’s Museum at the Messy Play booth, win prizes, and be entered into a drawing for a family ticket to Breakfast with the Stars.
- Follow teams to the different Challenge Checkpoint Arenas and watch the teams compete in the four-hour long Amazing Race game all over Temecula, from 12 until 4 p.m. A map of the checkpoint arenas can be found at www.RealityRally.com.
- Watch performances by the Great Oak High School Step Team.
- Watch IIlex, A Great Oak High School hip hop performance group.
- Watch performances by cheerleaders from Great Oak High School and Saint Jeanne de Lestonnac School.
- Reality Rally honors the Military. Military families can pose for and receive a free family photo! If any family member is currently is deployed, that photo will be emailed to them and added to the Reality Rally website.
- See a collection of Classic cars.
- Enjoy a performance by country music band Kanan Road, at the Stampede and watch the Teams do the Stampede Challenge. Entrance to the Stampede is free, and refreshments will be available for purchasing.
- Learn a little of Temecula’s colorful past at the Vail History Association challenge.
- Play a part in a Western Movie at the Film Challenge.
- Find out what The Boojum Institute is all about.
- Listen as the Temecula Children’s Choir sings the National Anthem.
- Watch and cheer on your city council during the Valley’s 4 City Council Teams Challenge, as they battle for a trophy and bragging rights.
- Listen to French, Italian, and Spanish at the Cultural Challenge.
- Meet and take pictures with Olympic Torchbearer, Donna Narvaez.
To learn more, visit www.RealityRally.com.
Kerri S. Mabee can be reached at email@example.com. Follow me on Twitter @kerrimabee.