According to district spokeswoman Melanie Norton, the school is considered safe and has not been placed on lockdown.
She said that she has encouraged parents who call in to feel comfortable taking their children to school.
“This, I believe, is stemming from an incident that happened last week,” Norton said.
According to Norton, a conversation among students that took place on May 16 had one student mentioning the Columbine massacre.
Feeling uncomfortable with the nature of the conversation, several students brought the information to school officials.
A prompt investigation by school administration, police and district officials deemed that there was no credible threat.
“The district did its own investigation and it was determined that this student was not a threat to others. There was some discipline that (took place) last week,” Norton said.
Norton would not comment on the nature of the discipline, nor the name or age of the student.
The student returned to campus yesterday and, as a precaution, has been escorted to class.
Norton said that it’s possible that the student’s presence, along with the escort, could be fueling the rumors of a shooting.
Norton added: “Parents can feel comfortable sending their kids to school.”