Promenade Temecula has announced the opening of its all-new Wine Walk experience — a permanent installation in the center’s Main Street-style outdoor plaza which will bring the history and culture of the region’s prominent wineries to the center’s guests, according to Jeff Kurtz, General Manager for Promenade Temecula.
Shoppers will have the opportunity to experience the new, artistically-designed vineyard gardens through a self-guided tour which is open to the public each day.
The installation is made up of a series of stylized shadowboxes featuring individual stories and historical information about each winery, the grapes grown and used, and the wines they produce.
According to Kurtz, the Wine Walk experience is an authentic reflection of each winery, as grapevines from each winemaker have been planted alongside the correlating shadowboxes, providing shoppers with the added benefit of understanding how these grapes are grown, cultivated, and ultimately transformed into award-winning wines.
“The Temecula Valley is increasingly becoming ‘the’ destination for California wine, and we are fortunate to partner with such prominent local wineries to offer this new experience to our guests,” said Kurtz. “While Promenade Temecula is already an excellent destination for shopping, dining and entertainment, the addition of this new Wine Walk brings an interactive, educational and artistic element to our shoppers.”
Each of the six featured wineries in Promenade Temecula’s Wine Walk are located in the Temecula Wine region, which is comprised of 33,000 acres with more than 1,300 acres of planted grapes. Featured winemakers Include:
· South Coast Winery Resort and Spa: South Coast Winery produces four collections from its Southern California vineyards, including Elevation, South Coast Winery label, Wild Horse Peak Mountain and Carter Estate Reserve. According to South Coast Winery, these affordable whites, reds and rosés reflect an exuberant fruit.
· Wilson Creek Winery: Located at the end of Rancho California Road in Temecula Valley, this family-owned and operated vineyard and winery is home to the famous Almond Champagne®. With more than 70 acres of vineyards, Wilson Creek Winery produces award-winning wines from the grapes they grow locally.
· Leoness Cellars: Nestled in the rolling hills of Temecula’s wine country, Leoness Cellars produces a number of award-winning wines, including Viognier, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, White Merlot, Muscat Canelli, and Cinsault Port, as well as small lots of other specially selected varietals. According to the winemaker, Leoness Cellars offers a warm, enchanting setting where visitors can enjoy great wines and spectacular views.
· Robert Renzoni Estate Vineyards: Robert Renzoni Estate Vineyards is comprised of 12 acres of land in the Temecula Valley that is naturally suited for grape growing. Nine of the vineyard’s acres are planted with classic Bordeaux and Italian grape varieties in six vineyard blocks.
· Gershon Bachus Vineyards: Gershon Bachus Vineyards is a wine-producing estate perched atop the hills of De Portola Road and overlooking all of Temecula Valley. With a 360-degree view of the surrounding mountains, horse clubs and vast vineyards, Gershon Bachus has quickly established itself as one of the most private and prestigious wineries in the region.
· Briar Rose Winery: The vineyards of the Briar Rose Winery are home to Premium World Class Estate wines. The winery annually produces between 2,400 to 3,500 cases and is known for producing world-class, award-winning Cabernet Sauvignons, Zinfandels, Petit Verdots, Viogniers and Merlots. Other offerings include Sangiovese, Cabernet Franc, a Super Tuscan Blend, Gewurztraminer, and a wine lager known as “Talking Frog.”
The new Wine Walk experience at Promenade Temecula is located between Yard House and Pottery Barn in the outdoor shopping plaza.
In addition to the Wine Walk, wines from each of the six partner wineries have been paired with some of Promenade Temecula’s select restaurants. Featured wines will be served at Lazy Dog Cafe, PF Chang’s China Bistro, Yard House, California Pizza Kitchen, Sushi Boat, and Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ.
For the entire experience, guests are invited to stop in these partner restaurants and enjoy a wine produced from the wineries featured at the Wine Walk.
For more information about the center, visit www.promenadetemecula.com.
*Contributed by Promenade Temecula