A 15-year-old Chula Vista boy has died in a freak accident after he fell onto a drinking glass, puncturing his neck while playing a pass out game with friends in his bedroom, police said today.
The teen, whose name was withheld, was bleeding profusely when officers arrived at his home on Old Janal Ranch Road shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chula Vista police.
Just prior to the accident, the teen and some friends were watching a YouTube video that demonstrated how to make yourself lose consciousness, Capt. Gary Wedge told reporters.
As the teen mimicked what he saw in the video and passed out, he fell forward onto the glass, according to Wedge.
“Nothing good can come out of watching videos like that,” Wedge said.
Medics took the boy to Radys Children’s Hospital, where he later died.