For some, the New Year brings excitement and hope for a brand new year full of challenge and opportunity.
For others, it may bring a slight sense of annoyance that last year’s resolutions have failed and goals have not been met.
Paul David, owner of Elevate Fitness Studio in Menifee, is committed to making 2013 a regret-free year for his clients. Elevate Fitness focuses on the core values of education, community and innovation to help their clients meet their goals, one day at a time.
An 18-year veteran of the fitness industry, David broke away from the big box gym model several years ago and is changing lives, all without one piece of traditional fitness equipment. In fact, Elevate Fitness Studio features three (essentially) empty rooms and a group fitness room.
“A good trainer can step into an empty room and help a client achieve their goals,” said David. “A person can certainly get fit on a machine, but our approach is more efficient, which produces faster results.”
Faster results equate to client satisfaction and increased commitment.
“A person who works hard and sees little to no results will soon quit, of course,” commented David. “Our goal is to accelerate positive results as safely and efficiently as possible.”
Does this mean hours at the gym? According to David, those who follow five simple steps are sure to see a dramatic improvement in their fitness and health:
- Start with strength training for 30 minutes, two times per week. “Cardio workouts are great for improved health and are essential to a good fitness program, but if you only have one hour per week to exercise, make it resistance training,” said David. “Your body will continue to burn calories for 18-24 hours after strength training. When you are done with a cardio workout, your body is done burning calories.” David teaches his clients eight efficient exercises that they can do at the gym or at home to maximize their results.
- Stick with it for 21 days. “It takes 21 days to make or break a habit,” said David. “Don’t think about the year, or forever, just commit to 21 days. In no time, you will build the best habit of your life.”
- Buddy up. David asserts that accountability dramatically increases success. “Whether it be a trainer, spouse, or group challenge, having someone to workout with makes a huge positive impact on motivation and progress,” he said.
- Okay, fine, walk or run if you must, but add interval training. “If you walk the same path everyday without variation, your body will quickly adjust,” said David. “Add some hills or speed work and you will see immediate results.”
- Menu plan. “The idea of this step really freaks people out, but is simpler than they imagine,” said David, who offers a free 30 minute session with all patrons of Elevate Fitness, even if they do not participate in personal training sessions. “If you eat three meals per day and two snacks, you have to plan for 35 opportunities to fuel your body,” said David. “If you plan ahead, you can eliminate the starving moments that result in poor choices.”
With clients that include elite athletes aiming to perfect performance and seniors seeking to improve mobility, Paul David knows that above all each person’s goals and abilities are completely unique.
“We customize our program and nutrition counseling to meet each client’s needs,” said David. “We offer hope of health and wellness and do our best to lift people up (elevate) in every possible way.”
Elevate Fitness Studio is located at 29683 New Hub Dr, Suite D in Menifee.
To learn more, call 951-301-4499.
Corie Maue is a local writer and regular contributor to SWRNN.