Parents or guardians have until January 31, 2013 to apply for an intra-district transfer, if seeking permission for a child to attend an LEUSD school other than their school of residence next school year.
The January application deadline is for new student transfer requests only.
Families with existing approved intra-district transfers are not required to reapply for the 2013-14 school year.
Who should apply?
- If parent/guardian is making a first time request for a student to attend a school that is not their school of residence, apply on or before January 31st;
- If parent/guardian is making a transfer request for a student who is moving up from elementary to middle, or middle to high school in 2013-14, apply on or before January 31st;
- If making a transfer request for an incoming Kindergarten or TK student in 2013-14, apply on or before January 31st (Note: the Intra-district Transfer form must be submitted by January 31st, do not wait until the Kindergarten Roundup/registration period, to be announced later this year).
About the Intra-District application process
- A signed and dated application form must be returned to the Student Support Services office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2013. Student Support Services is located in Building E, 565 Chaney Street, in Lake Elsinore. Forms (in English and Spanish) are available either online or at the Student Support Services office.
- The application form may be completed online, but only an original signed printout will be accepted by the district. Visit the district’s Web site (www.leusd.k12.ca.us) to view or download the form. The interactive form (in PDF format) can be filled out online, then printed and signed. No fax or electronically scanned copies will be accepted.
- Make sure your PC or Mac has the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to be able to view and complete this interactive form. A free copy may be downloaded at the following URL: http://get.adobe.com/reader/, or by visiting Adobe.com and selecting Adobe Reader from the downloads section.
- Intra-district transfer requests received after January 31, 2013 will not be considered.
- Notification to parents or guardian regarding approval or denial of Intra-district requests will occur prior to May, 2013.
- All intra-district transfer requests are subject to space availability at the preferred school sites.
For questions, please call the Student Support Services division at 951-253-7130.
*Contributed by Lake Elsinore Unified School District