Current job openings with SWRNN.com (download PDF here)
ONLINE SALES EXECUTIVE
Responsible for all online sales activities, from lead generation through close, in the Southwest Riverside region. Ideal Candidate:
– 2+ years B2B sales experience with a quantifiable track record of success. Previous Internet Advertising in the media arena preferred.
– 2+ years experience making outbound calls prospecting to small and medium businesses via cold calling and networking.
– Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models; able to produce collateral materials.
– Ability to execute day-to-day call cycle management, using a wide variety of techniques, from traditional advertising sales philosophies to current technologies and social media strategies.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including active listening.
– Highly self-motivated, results driven leader.
– High customer orientation.
– Ability to discover customer needs, influence others and apply practical learning. Responsibilities:
– Responsible for online advertising sales for SWRNN.com.
– Develops sales/marketing plan in conjunction with Advertising Manager, which details activities to meet or exceed sales quota.
– Implements and manages the sales/marketing plan and seeks new opportunities for efficient revenue generation.
– Prospects and qualifies leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling, email, and networking.
– Creates and conducts effective sales presentations.
– Communicates consultatively with business owners and decision makers to provide solutions to business issues and produce positive results.
– Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including qualified leads, sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within assigned territory.
– Communicates regularly with the advertising and editorial teams to support customer satisfaction and revenue opportunities in line with SWRNN vision and values.
– Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
Interested? Email email@example.com with “Sales-SWRNN” in the subject line. Include your resume and cover letter telling us why you would be exceptional in fulfilling the needs of this position. Please include your compensation requirements.
If you are a web-savvy self-starter, with a nose for news and a passion for writing — SWRNN.com wants you. Southwest Riverside News Network is a thriving online breaking news website, with a steadily-growing readership.
– Team player who seeks to bring local and breaking news stories to readers through a variety of topics, including government, education, and sports.
– Concise, quick and clean writing style.
– Able to take photos and video (preferred).
– Established contacts.
– Timeliness with deadlines, flexible weekend schedule, and AP-style writing a must.
Interested? Send a cover letter, current resume, and three of your most current clips to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “SWRNN Reporter.”